There are lots of kodi addons available over the internet. Irrespective of the number of addons, the installation procedure is similar for all these addons. So here we are going to explain the two commonly used method to install your favorite addons on kodi.
- Installing by using repository
- Installing by using Zip file
Method 1: Installing by using repository
This is the most commonly used method for installing a kodi addon. In this method we will add the repository source to Kodi. The Kodi will download and install all the required files. This is the best method because most of the addons will be auto-updated from the repository.
- Open Kodi on your device and select setting icon at the top of the screen.
- From the system settings, select “File manager”.
- Select “Add source”, to link external repository to your Kodi.
- In the “Add file source” dialog box, Select None.
- Now enter the repository URL in the media path. To know the repository URL refer to the table of the respective addon.
Note: In this example, I will install Animal planet Kodi addon. It is located in super repo under video addon category.
- Give any name for this media source, for easy identification.
- Select OK. Now the repository is linked to your Kodi.
- Navigate back to your home screen, Select “Addons” from the left pane.
- Select package installer icon at the top left corner of the screen.
- From the list of options, select “install from zip file”.
- Select the media source name, which you had given previously. Now the repository will be downloaded as a zip file and installed to your kodi.
- This process takes few seconds, once the installation is complete you will receive a notification.
- Now select “install from repository”.
- A list of the available repository will be displayed. Select the repository from which you want to install the addons.
- All the addons are categorized into groups. Select the category to which the addon belongs. You can find the category information on the table provided.
- From the list of addons, select the addons which you want to install.
- An addon information page will be displayed, select “Install” at the bottom of the screen.
- Wait for few seconds, you will receive an “addon enabled notification”.
- Now your addon is successfully installed. You can access your addons from the home screen. Or Addons> Addons category> your addon.
Method 2: Installing addons from zip file
Some of the addons don’t have their repository. In this case, we can’t install the addons by the previous method. So we have to directly download the zip file of the addon from the developer site. And add this zip file to your Kodi.
- Download the zip file from the developer website. The download link has been provided in the table.
- Select the “Addons” from the left pane of the home screen.
- Select “package installer icon” at the top corner of the screen.
- Select “install from zip file” option in addon browser window.
- Now browse to the location of the downloaded zip file.
- Select the file and click OK.
- Now the addon will be installed. And you will receive a notification.
- You can access your addon from the home screen. Or select addons> addon category> your addon.
These are the most commonly used installation procedures. If you are facing any issue or error during installation. Kindly let us know, we will provide a solution.